Ultimate Goal - January 2021
Introducing 7444's 20-21 robot Gerty! Sisters of the Motherboard's team spirit stood the test of adversity as our robotics program navigated a virtual space.
- Deliver wobble goals
- Score rings in towers
- Power shots
- Problem-solved issues with downloading code by wirelessly connecting phones to computer
- Clear and effective TeleOp
- Refining telemetry
- Wobble goal in start line
- Rings knock over power shot target
Skystone - January 2020
Say hello to BumbleBarry, 7444's 19-20 bot! Our beloved Barry was built by a team high in spirit who were welcoming new members and working on outreach in their community!
- Drag build site
- Park under bridge
- Pick up skystones and transfer under bridge
- Build two skystone tower walls
- Made Hardware class more efficient
- Perfected mecanum wheel coding and strafing
- Using encoders for precision and accuracy
- Relocate building site and park
- Mecanum wheels with bevel gears and motors in the custom designed and laser cut channels.
- Lead screws for the rising platforms guided on x-rails. Bottom platform has three lead screws attached by a chain.
- Two servos with servo blocks (for additional strength) with a t-shaped piece (made out of x-rails) attached to the servos. This provides the forward grip onto the nubs of skystones.
Rover ruckus - January 2019
Pictured on the right is 7444's 18-19 robot lovingly given the name Crunchy! Team spirit was at an all time high this year- there was so much interest in our school's robotics program that we had to split into two teams!
- Drop from hanging
- Claim Beacon
- Park on crater
- Place balls and cubes in center module
- Short silver/gold pieces
- Made hardware class even more efficient
- Using encoders, IMU sensor, and Vuforia image sensing
- Encoders in TeleOp for greater precision and control
- Hang on center module
- Rack and pinion set double arm
- Working mecanum drive chain
Relic recovery - january 2018
Please give a warm welcome to Sebastian, SOMB's 2018 robot! Team spirit was high this year as the team had many new members, and everyone was excited at the idea of potential professional mentors!
Velocity vortex - january 2017
Howdy, Geoffrey! This is Geoffrey, our team's 2017 robot! Team spirit was high this year despite the team having a stressful time with building and rebuilding the team!
RES-Q - JANUARY 2016
Hello, sassy Sassmantha! Sassmantha is 7444's 2016 competition bot! Team spirit was at its highest this year.
Cascade effect - january 2o15
Moo! Meet Microcow, Sisters of the Motherboard's 2015 bot! Team spirit was higher this year!
- Drive off of the ramp
- Latch onto and move rolling goals
- Pick up large and small balls and lift them into the 30 cm or 60 cm goals
- Autonomous Mode: Drive off Ramp and drop in two balls into 60 cm goal or drive from parking zone and drop two balls.
- Use RobotC to program
- Have the ability to score basic pts (drive off the ramp) as well as the higher pts (put balls into the rolling goals) and latch onto rolling goal.
- Able to catch the rolling goal and push them up the ramp or to the floor parking area
- Complex building with the function to score balls in the higher rolling goals using lift mechanism.
- Six DC Motors & Three Servo
Block party - january 2014
Flying high in 2014 was Phoenix, Sisters of the Motherboard's 2014 competition robot! Team spirit was high this year.